Thursday, July 28, 2005

Breathing Room

At least for now. A nice series sweep of the Nats puts the Braves 3 up on them, 5.5 up on the Mets (who would be doing a service tonight if they went ahead and lost to make it 6).

A couple of things:

1. The offense seems to be going low tide again. Langerhans and Johnson have been slumping. Chipper isn't fully back. Giles has cooled off. We can't have wins without rookie theatrics, though, and Jeff Francouer provided several in the series. He blooped in the winner last night, and had two homers today.

2. Hudson pitched pretty well all in all - hopefully he finds his form from here on out.

3. Why Cox keeps pitching Kolb is beyond me. I know he did better for while, and I want him to do better too. That's two leads he helped mangled in two nights. He just doesn't appear to have it. Brower has been a questionable pickup as well.

Where Scheurholtz is going to find more help is beyond me. Joey Devine got rocked last night. I won't count on seeing him this season. McBride may turn out to be a good releiver.

Anthony Lerew seems to be doing well at AAA, but he's a starter. Still, he could go the Millwood route and relieve in the short term. I'm still hoping for a deal of some sort; we'll see.

4. The Braves are going to have to win on the road in the playoffs. They didn't do that well in the recent road trip, though. The west coast has been bad to the Braves this year.

I'm working on my Blogpoll #4 response, that will have to wait a little longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home